Your stockbroking needs answered.
At Nedbank Private Wealth, our Stockbroking Division provides a full-service execution and advisory offering across a comprehensive range of listed securities, delivered through personal relationships and mobile channels to the high-end client. The core service is stockbroking, trading and managing shares on behalf of our clients. Our stockbroking advice and house view portfolios are informed by an active, opportunistic yet, valuation-driven investment process (supported by our dedicated research team).
Our stockbroking team is active in the market every day and relentlessly pursue opportunities to help you grow your investments.
Our stockbroking offer suits those who want to have:
- a more direct approach when deciding which shares or instruments to trade or invest in for the long term; and
- the daily insights, more frequent contact and access to proprietary research and trading ideas on a regular basis so that you can be involved in the decision-making.
Our stockbroking capability is ideal for you if you wish to invest in:
- A house-view portfolio that is relatively high conviction and contains a concentrated portfolio of listed stocks.
- Sophisticated investment instruments such as futures, options, contracts for difference and other derivative instruments traded on the Johannesburg stock exchange.
- Any internationally listed securities.
- A personalised portfolio of equities.
To help you get the most out of your investment, we will:
- develop a clear understanding of your share trading and/or listed investment goals as well as your appetite for risk;
- meet your need to either be involved in daily decisions or not;
- offer you a personal service and customised stockbroking service – either access our discretionary, pro-actively advised or execution-only accounts; and
- utilise the services of our in-house, highly-skilled and experienced international investment research and fund management team who is dedicated exclusively to Nedbank Private Wealth, and who provides proprietary fundamental research on the Top 100 JSE-listed counters.
Depending on how involved you wish to be in each buy/sell decision, you can choose one of these three ways to invest with us:
- DISCRETIONARY – You give us the discretion to manage on your behalf towards an agreed strategy.
- PRO-ACTIVELY ADVISED – We provide you with advice and ideas and only execute the decisions we agree on.
- EXECUTION ONLY – We act on your requests rather than provide you with advice.
Each approach provides a different level of relationship, advice, service and cost.
Our stockbroking services are diverse to cater for a range of needs. When you invest with us, you will receive access to:
- our international investment research and fund management team's technical research and trading ideas that may fall outside the risk/reward bands of our longer-term managed investment strategies;
- the immediacy and growth potential of trading in listed securities and professionally managed direct exposure to shares in your portfolio;
- active and informed investment decisions based on our share-trading expertise and research, which is supported by our proprietary, in-depth fundamental analysis (not ‘tips’) to complement your longer-term managed investment holdings;
- a full range of derivative products and services for more sophisticated investors including singles stock futures, contracts-for-difference, currency and other futures contracts;
- most listed securities across the globe;
- online trading services to execute trades as you make them across selected shares;
- leverage through carry accounts (access to finance using your shares as security) and bear-sales accounts (scrip borrowing and sales on the expectation that the underlying price will decline);
- structured products; and
- cash management where cash balances are invested with the JSE Trustees and at a minimal charge, will earn interest at competitive money market rates.
OUR STOCKBROKING SERVICES WILL OFFER YOU:
- personalised access to your own professional stockbroker who looks after you and your share portfolio;
- immediate market insights and a wealth of research and trading expertise that you can act on or instruct us to act on, on your behalf;
- proprietary, in-depth, individual stock research and updates;
- multiple ways to interact and invest - through your stockbroker, online or by mobile through the Nedbank App Suite; and
- wide choice of services dependent on your stockbroking needs –
- discretionary - we manage on your behalf;
- advisory - we advise and you instructs; or
- execution - you instruct us directly on your behalf.
Our stockbroking service is based on a close working relationship with you. From this relationship, we can put your individual stockbroking requirements, preferences and risk tolerance at the heart of what we offer. With us, you will receive:
- wealth management needs analysis;
- a sophisticated range of stockbroking products and investment insights;
- personalised attention and support;
- access to immediate expertise;
- transparency and accountability; and
- online trading.